Top performing providers out of more than 4,100 hospitals in the U.S. and Canada honored for operational performance and driving down costs through the supply chain
— Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) has announced its annual list of the healthcare provider organizations being recognized as the 2018 GHX “Best 50” supply chains in North America for their work in improving operational performance and driving down costs through supply chain automation. The recipients will be honored at the 19th annual GHX Summit, April 29 - May 1, 2019 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, Tex.
To select the Best 50, GHX looked at the performance of more than 4,100 hospitals in the U.S. and Canada connected to the GHX electronic trading exchange. GHX identified the 50 healthcare organizations that scored highest in areas such as maximizing document automation, Exchange utilization and trading partner connections during the 2018 calendar year.
“Every year we honor the provider organizations that are setting a very high bar for supply chain excellence,” said Bruce Johnson, president & CEO, GHX. “This is a tremendous accomplishment and reflects the exceptional work these supply chain, finance and materials management teams have undertaken to help put their organization in this ‘top of the industry’ position. The work they are doing serves as a great example to the industry — showing the strategic value of supply chain to tackle costs, remove waste, drive efficiency, and in so doing, help deliver quality patient care.”
The 2018 GHX Best 50 customers are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Allina Health, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Aspirus, Inc., Wausau, Wis.
- Baptist Health, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Baptist Health - Little Rock, Ark.
- Blanchard Valley Health System, Findlay, Ohio
- Bon Secours Health System, Marriottsville, Md.
- Catholic Health System WNY, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Children's of Alabama, Birmingham, Ala.
- Community Medical Centers – Fresno, Calif.
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, Calif.
- Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, Baton Rouge, La.
- Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack, N.J.
- Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Mich.
- Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown, Penn.
- MedStar Health, Columbia, Md.
- Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Houston, Texas
- Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Mount Sinai Health System, New York, N.Y.
- North Memorial Health, Robbinsdale, Minn.
- NorthBay Healthcare, Fairfield, Calif.
- NYU Langone Health, New York, N.Y.
- Ochsner Health System, Harahan, La.
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas, Texas
- Parkview Medical Center, Pueblo, Colo.
- Riverside Health System, Newport News, Va.
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Conn.
- San Antonio Regional Hospital, Upland, Calif.
- Scripps Health, San Diego, Calif.
- Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, Wash.
- Southwest General Health Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse, N.Y.
- St. Luke's Health System, Boise, Idaho
- Stanford Health Care, Palo Alto, Calif.
- The Christ Hospital Corporation, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, Ariz.
- Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
- UCLA Healthcare, Los Angeles, Calif.
- UCSF Health, San Francisco, Calif.
- UF Health, Jacksonville/Gainesville, Fla.
- University of Kansas Health System, Kansas City, Kan.
- University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, Md.
- University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, Utah
- University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Va.
- UW Medicine - Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Wash.
- UW Medicine - University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Wash.
- UW Medicine - Valley Medical Center, Renton, Wash.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Westchester Medical Center Health Network, Valhalla, N.Y.
- Yale New Haven Health System, New Haven, Conn.
Best 50 Criteria
Criteria period is a full calendar year, Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2018. To qualify for the Best 50 list, providers must have:
- Four complete closed quarters on the GHX Exchange (from first PO date)
- More than 10,000 PO lines processed annually
Best 50 providers are ranked for each of the following "big three" exception types (the lower the exception rate, the higher the rank):
- Price Exception (price exceptions/PO lines)
- SKU Exception (SKU exceptions/PO lines)
- UOM Exception (UOM exceptions/PO lines)
Rankings also take into account:
- Gross transaction volume (GTV) per bed (i.e., PO GTV / staffed beds)
- Number of PO trading partners
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using its world-class cloud-based supply chain technology platform. GHX brings together healthcare providers, manufacturers and distributors in North America, and Europe, who rely on proven healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate business processes and make more informed, timely and fact-based decisions. Solutions span procurement and accounts payable automation, contract and inventory management, vendor credentialing and management, business intelligence, payment management and other supply chain-related tools and services. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.