Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Healthcare Leaders Honored at Annual GHX Summit
The healthcare industry increasingly is recognizing the critical value of collaboration across hospitals and health systems and their supplier organizations to achieve cost savings, strengthen business processes and most importantly, improve the quality of patient care. This year’s GHXcellence award winners represent some of the most innovative leaders and organizations in the industry. They are facing many new challenges as an opportunity to shape the future business of healthcare.
The awards presented to provider and supplier organizations recognize the leaders and visionaries that are advancing in a new era of healthcare by leveraging technology, modern processes and best practices to remove waste, cut costs and improve patient care.
Each year industry leaders attend the Summit to connect and learn. The Summit is truly about uniting the best in the industry in a singular effort to achieve cost savings and improve patient outcomes.
This year’s winners include:
- Supply Chain Leadership: Greg Bylo (in memoriam)
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Large): Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
- Healthcare Supplier of the Year (Large Volume): Johnson & Johnson
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Small to Medium): Riverside Health System
- Healthcare Supplier of the Year (Small Volume): Mead Johnson Nutrition, a division of RB
- Canadian Healthcare Provider of the Year: TransForm Shared Service Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Teleflex Incorporated
- Excellence in Contract Management (Provider): University Hospitals Health System, Inc.
- Excellence in Contract Management (Supplier): Coloplast
- Excellence in ePayables (Provider): HCA Healthcare
- Excellence in ePayables -tie (Supplier): Medtronic
- Excellence in ePayables -tie (Supplier): Boston Scientific Corporation
- Excellence in eProcurement (Provider): San Antonio Regional Hospital
- Excellence in Product Data Management (Provider): Scripps Health
- Excellence in UDI & Standards (Provider): Alberta Health Services
- Excellence in UDI & Standards (Supplier): Siemens Healthineers
- Excellence in Vendor Credentialing & Compliance (Provider): WellStar Health System
- Excellence in Vendor Credentialing & Compliance (Supplier): Mead Johnson Nutrition, a division of RB
- Most Improved Provider: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Most Improved Supplier: Integra LifeSciences
- European Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Cardinal Health Europe
- Rookie of the Year (Provider): Lafayette General Health System, Inc.
- Rookie of the Year (Supplier): CANTEL
- Trading Partner Pair of the Year: Aspirus, Inc. and Medline Industries, Inc.
For more detail on the awards criteria go to the GHX awards program page