— Wednesday, February 20, 2019 —
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) announced new general session speakers, including a keynote address by author and fitness and wellness expert Laila Ali, for the upcoming 19th annual GHX Summit, April 29 – May 1, 2019 at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa, Texas.
The healthcare industry is increasingly recognizing the critical value of collaboration across hospitals and health systems and their supplier organizations to achieve cost savings, strengthen business processes and, most importantly, improve the quality of patient care. These topics and more will be addressed at the Summit, with a keynote and general session presentations from:
- Keynote Address
Laila Ali, World-class Athlete, Fitness & Wellness Expert, Author, and Daughter of the Late Legendary Boxer and Humanitarian Muhammad Ali
- Standardization and Transformation: Outlooks from the Operating and Board Rooms Susan Moffatt-Bruce, M.D., PhD., MBA, FACS, Executive Director, University Hospital, Professor of Surgery, Professor of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- The Future of the Healthcare Marketplace: What’s Next?
Ian Morrison, Author, Consultant and Futurist
The Summit is an intensive, three-day event offering a wealth of information, expertise, networking opportunities and inspiration for all parties in the healthcare supply chain—hospitals, health systems, suppliers, distributors and GPOs—and across all levels of the organization, from strategic to tactical. The Summit fosters a collaborative environment, encouraging an open dialog to look critically at ways to leverage technology and adopt modern processes and best practices to help the industry achieve cost savings, strengthen organizations and improve patient safety.
To support the exchange of ideas and best practices for healthcare, the following breakout sessions have also been announced:
- Successful Acquisition Management for Customer Benefit: Paul Zawarynski, General Manager, Integra Canada
- Enhancing Patient Care – A Surgical Journey in Supply Chain Cost, Quality and Outcomes: Wendy Watson, OR Supply Chain Manager, University Health Network
- Building the Supply Chain Team of the Future: Dave Reed, Vice President, Healthcare Solutions, Cook Medical
- Clinical Integration as an Innovation Enabler: Dale Locklair, Senior Vice President, Planning & Facilities Management Group, McLeod Health; Dr. Michael Rose, Senior Vice President & Chief Innovation Officer, McLeod Health
- Making Best Practices Happen: Denise Odenkirk, Associate Vice President, Supplier Sales, GHX; Kim Tollefson, Director, Customer Care, Medivators; Andy Urban, Senior Director, Global Supply Chain, Philips
- Three Pillars of Supply Chain: Fred Manley, Vice President Life Science & Healthcare Market, Airgas USA, LLC
- How Supply Chain Can Advance the Bundled Payment Conversation: Regine Villain, Supply Chain Executive, AHRMM Board Member
- Importance of Capturing Supply and Implant Data: Paul Rhodes, RN, Operating Room Business Management, Auditmed
- Enhancing the Provider/Supplier Relationship: Ed Harlin, Vice President Supply Chain, Froedtert Health
- Supply Chain’s Role in Achieving the Quadruple Aim: Dr. Li Ern Chen, Physician Executive
- How Data and Technology Support a Clinically Integrated Supply Chain: Jack Koczela, Director, Supply Chain Systems & Analytics, Froedtert Health
- Transitioning from Transactional to Strategic Value Analysis: Mary Alexander, Director, Value Analysis, Cost Containment & MMIS, Parkland Health & Hospital System
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using its world-class cloud-based supply chain technology platform. GHX brings together healthcare providers, manufacturers and distributors in North America, and Europe, who rely on proven healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate business processes and make more informed, timely and fact-based decisions. Solutions span procurement and accounts payable automation, contract and inventory management, vendor credentialing and management, business intelligence, payment management and other supply chain-related tools and services. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Heathcare Hub.