Since outlining GHX’s Business Continuity Plans (BCP) on 13th March, we have continued to monitor global operations and are reporting no change at this time. Our goal is to ensure our network of healthcare providers and suppliers is efficiently and effectively operating their supply chain processes, and order flow and transactions remain stable.
To ensure we’re achieving these goals, GHX regularly measures four global indicators: (1) service availability; (2) workforce productivity; (3) change management; and (4) offshore delivery.
We have seen supply chain transactions slightly increase in the last 30 days, but performance, throughput and availability are working as expected with room to scale.
There have been no changes in business continuity as our workforce operates on a fully remote basis where applicable. Our critical technology vendors and partners have also confirmed there is no change in their operations and continue to service GHX normally. Additionally, we are closely monitoring changing directives from local governments pertaining to work from home and the definition of “key workers.”
Minimal Change Period
Given the dynamic nature of the global response to COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, we have increased our focus on product release planning and change management:
To date, we have seen no cases of COVID-19 in the global geographies where our processing centres are located. Should we experience a severe deterioration of services from our offshore facilities in the future, we are prepared to move Gfax processing onshore. We continue to leverage full remote workforce capabilities where applicable.
India’s Prime Minister issued an order for a 21-day ‘total lockdown’ for all citizens beginning at midnight on March 24. In response to this news, we have efforts underway to help ensure that you continue receiving the reliable service to which you are accustomed. We do not expect this situation will have a significant impact on G-Fax but would like to provide an update on current business continuity efforts.
Workforce Productivity and Resourcing
We have successfully moved more than 80% of our G-Fax team to a remote workplace setting and have seen consistently high levels of delivery. These resources are also spread across three geographically diverse locations helping to reduce the risk associated with a single point of failure that may occur.
We have also proactively trained additional resources should GHX experience a potential dip in productivity in a specific geographical region or time zone. These additional resources will be able to augment the delivery team to assist GHX in maintaining the G-Fax service.
We are continuously monitoring volumes and turn-around-times. As of March 24, 98% of all documents were delivered within our expected handling time with the other 2% being completed within the following 30 minutes. No documents exceeded the additional 30-minute delivery window. Should document delivery exceed 90 minutes, you can expect GHX to communicate any delays and expected time to resolve.
We understand concerns about COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) are top of mind for every member of the healthcare community. Our top priority is the safety and well being of our customers, employees and the patients we serve. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have created this informational hub as a resource for sharing timely updates as it relates to GHX Europe business operations. Enter your email address to receive the latest information.
GHX takes seriously our role in preparing ourselves and our communities for potential disruptions, upholding our civic duty to help prevent further outbreaks and continuing all GHX services to ensure the effectiveness of our global healthcare network. To this end, we are adopting the below proactive measures.
Following Expert Health & Safety Guidance
Limiting Exposure via Travel Policies
Ensuring Business Continuity Plans Minimise Risk
We continue to monitor and follow guidance from the public health experts and local governments in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands and the UK. We are committed to remaining transparent and keeping you informed of any changes to our approach via this page.