GHXcellence Awards annually recognize the leaders and visionaries that have gone above and beyond to support patients and communities by driving advancements in the business of healthcare. Since its inception in 2000, the GHXcellence Award program has evolved to keep pace with the critical values and practices driving excellence in healthcare.
In 2020, COVID-19 completely transformed healthcare and magnified the importance of greater collaboration, innovation, customer service and civic engagement. Correspondingly, the GHXcellence “nomination-based” awards were reinvented to annually recognize the importance of these values—not only during 2020 but as we move forward.
2020 GHXcellence Awards
Provider and supplier organizations, and individuals, are eligible for the following awards unless indicated otherwise.
- Collaboration Award
- Innovation Award
- Community Impact Award
- Supplier Customer Service Award (suppliers only)
- Key Contributor Award (from a within a winning organization)
- Healthcare Heroes Award
*For the awards listed above, one or more winner(s) may be selected per award, as determined by the Selection Committee.
GHX will continue to recognize the following "metrics-based" awards:
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year – Large
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year – Small to Medium
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year – Large Volume
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year – Small/Medium Volume
- Canadian Healthcare Provider of the Year
- Canadian Healthcare Supplier of the Year