Voting is open for the GHXcellence Industry Impact and GHXcellence Leadership Awards, which recognize supply chain leaders that are driving significant savings and efficiency for their organizations, their trading partners, and the industry through supply chain automation and best practices. The healthcare community can vote now through April 12, 2013, and winners will be announced at the 13th annual GHX Healthcare Supply Chain Summit, May 20 – 22, 2013, in Las Vegas.
The following organizations and individual supply chain professionals were nominated by GHX members for their exceptional achievements in cutting healthcare costs by working with GHX to automate purchase orders and invoices, take control of contract spend, and increase electronic connections to trading partners. A description of the organization or individual’s actual performance is contained in the online voting tool.
Provider Nominees – GHXcellence Industry Impact Award:
- Alberta Health Services, Alberta, Canada
- Doctors Community Hospital, Lanham, MD
- Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Supplier Nominees – GHXcellence Industry Impact Award:
- AliMed, Dedham, MA
- Cook Medical, Bloomington, IN
- C.R. Bard Canada, Ontario, Canada
GHXcellence Leadership Award Nominees:
- Kenyetta Keys, Doctors Community Hospital
- Dale Locklair, McLeod Health
- Emilia Mason, Alberta Health Services
- Sheridan Norgard, Cook Medical
- Jitendra Prasad, Alberta Health Services
- Régine (Honoré) Villain, Medical University of South Carolina
"The degree to which healthcare providers and suppliers promote supply chain automation in their organizations has a direct impact on savings—at the individual organization level and on the industry as a whole,"said Derek Smith, chief commercial officer, GHX. "The GHX community recognizes the financial value of automation, and the Industry Impact and Leadership Awards give them an opportunity to highlight the success of peers who are setting the bar for savings and efficiency."
The remaining eight GHXcellence Awards are based on quantifiable performance, with organizations judged on metrics around success in automating business processes, using criteria such as increase in electronic purchase orders, purchasing dollar volume, and the number of electronic trading partners. The awards include:
- Best 50 IDN (Highest Ranking Provider Organization from the Best 50 list)
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year: Small to Mid-sized Organization
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year: Large Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Provider of the Year
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Small Organization
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Large Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Supplier of the Year
- European Union Healthcare Supplier of the Year
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is driving costs out of healthcare by transforming the healthcare supply chain. Working with providers and suppliers, GHX is accelerating change by providing a faster, more efficient and collaborative supply chain that will take billions of dollars out of the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.