This new award is presented to the provider leading the efforts to incorporate global data standards and unique device identifiers in clinical, financial and supply chain systems and processes.
Note: Nominees are not required to meet all these criteria, nor are they limited to these. This criteria defines the range of accomplishment considered for this award.
- Efforts underway to use GTINs and/or GLNs in systems and processes
- Cross functional recognition of the value of unique device identification (UDI)
- Efforts underway to capture UDIs for implantable devices in EHRs
- Use of UDIs and data from Global UDI Database (GUDID) in clinical, supply chain and/or financial processes and systems
- Collaboration/communication with suppliers on how to maximize mutual value of the UDI rule
- Use of NuVia to access data from the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) and the Global UDI Database
Nominations should include supporting documentation whenever possible.